DIGITAL PEACE NOW IS HIRING: GLOBAL AMBASSADOR
Open Role: Digital Peace Global Ambassador
We are seeking a digital native candidate who will represent our organization and help us continue to expand our global presence. The Digital Peace Global Ambassador will act as the official voice and face of our digital peacebuilding movement, helping the general public better understand the dangers of cyberwarfare and the need to protect our shared cyberspace. Working on the front lines of cyber peacebuilding efforts, the candidate will have a broad range of personal growth opportunities, including building a presence and network within digital diplomacy, publishing work on respected news outlets, and collaborating with stakeholders across the cyber, peace, and youth communities.
As the public-facing representative of Digital Peace Now, the candidate will help translate complex issues surrounding cyberwarfare for worldwide audiences and help build a community of empowered individuals determined to enact meaningful change in our cyberspace. In this role, the candidate will:
- Represent Digital Peace Now at virtual events and conferences, participating in online chats and media interviews.
- Raise the visibility of Digital Peace Now online through ongoing social media engagement with Digital Peace Now accounts and stakeholders.
- Develop thoughtful communications materials such as blog posts, op-eds, scripts, etc.
- Maintain expertise on the topic – tracking developments across cyber issues and helping to quickly interpret for Digital Peace Now audiences.
- Help shape and execute key programmatic initiatives and campaigns, including actively identifying new opportunities for the organization.
- Participate in regular meetings and reporting with managing agency Sunshine Sachs Morgan & Lylis.
The Digital Peace Global Ambassador is an energetic activist-at-heart who is passionate about advocating for a peaceful and secure cyberspace while holding world leaders accountable for irresponsible online behavior. The ideal candidate will demonstrate most, or all, of the following:
- Issue expertise in internet advocacy, responsible use of technology and/or cybersecurity, and an interest in peacebuilding, international diplomacy, global affairs, and human rights.
- Dynamic public speaking skills with proven experience in moderating and/or participating in public, on-the-record appearances.
- Strong written communication skills and the ability to independently translate complex topics clearly and persuasively to the general public.
- Creative and ongoing proactiveness to raise awareness of the need to prevent our Internet from becoming a battlefield.
- Deep understanding of social storytelling and cultural trends among Gen-Z and Gen-Y.
- Bonus! A growing network that could be leveraged on behalf of Digital Peace Now’s partnership and coalition-building efforts.
- Bonus! An engaged social media following across numerous platforms, such as Twitter, TikTok, and/or Instagram.
This is a year-long, part-time role starting in November with a competitive monthly stipend. The anticipated time commitment is approximately 5 hours per week, which is flexible and may be spread out to accommodate the candidate’s schedule and other commitments.
To inquire: Email a short video of interest, resume, and applicable portfolio items to [email protected].
Digital Peace Now is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.